Baha'u'llah was the founder of the Baha'i Faith, a religion that...

1. 5,657 Posts.
    Baha'u'llah was the founder of the Baha'i Faith, a religion that emerged in the mid-19th century. He claimed to be the return of Jesus Christ and the divine messenger of God, but many Christians would argue that he is not the same person as Jesus Christ.

The Baha'i Faith rejects the Trinity
    Baha'u'llah and his followers reject the Christian doctrine of the Trinity, which holds that God is one essence in three coequal persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Instead, Baha'u'llah teaches that God is a single, unified entity, and that Jesus was a manifestation of God.

Different understanding of Jesus' divinity, While Baha'u'llah revered Jesus as a great prophet and teacher, he did not believe that Jesus was fully divine or eternally begotten. In contrast, Christians believe that Jesus is fully human and fully divine, and that He is eternally begotten of the Father.

Baha'u'llah's claims of divinity, Baha'u'llah claimed to be a direct revelation of God, whereas Jesus is believed by Christians to be a human being who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the cross for humanity's sins, and was resurrected on the third day.

The Baha'i concept of "Manifestations, Baha'u'llah taught that God sends divine messengers (Manifestations) to guide humanity at different times. He believed himself to be the latest in a series of Manifestations, which includes Buddha, Krishna, Zoroaster, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and others. Christians would argue that Jesus is not just another messenger but is uniquely the Son of God.

Differences in teachings, The Baha'i Faith and Christianity have distinct teachings on various aspects of faith, such as the nature of God, salvation, morality, and the afterlife.

While Baha'u'llah and Jesus share some similarities in their teachings and messages, many Christians believe that they are fundamentally different in their understandings of Jesus' nature and mission.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.