I stated ...There are plenty of conspiracy theories doing the...

1. 27,732 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I stated ...
    There are plenty of conspiracy theories doing the rounds so I suggest that claims be carefully checked,
    Here is one reason for the suggestion.
    Recently, seven private doctors have been arrested by the Police for suspected abuse in the issuance of COVID-19 Vaccination Medical Exemption Certificates (Exemption Certificates). It has been reported that these doctors issued a total of over 25 000 Exemption Certificates, which accounted for more than half of all the valid Exemption Certificates. In this connection, will the Government inform this Council:
    ---
    The following aligns with the story I got from the Ministry of Health in New Zealand.
    Based on overseas and local scientific evidence and real-world experience, it is proven that most people are suitable for receiving the CoronaVac and Comirnaty vaccines currently provided in Hong Kong. Both vaccines are able to reduce the risks of severe illness and death arising from COVID-19 infection in a safe and efficacious manner.
    ---
    Note this does not claim that the vaccine offers protection from getting Covid but that it reduces the risk of severe illness and death which lines up with the experience in New Zealand that those who have not been vaccinated are over-represented among those who become severely ill and who die.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.