If scripture was clear that Jesus is the literal Son of God then...

1. 27,663 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    If scripture was clear that Jesus is the literal Son of God then your extensive word salad claiming that Jesus is the literal Son of God would not be necessary.

The subject is what do the jews and Romans believe about christI pointed out you agree with them hes not the son of God,which was the point i made in my previous post to you.
    The subject was the nature of Christ described in scripture and his being the literal Son of God being one aspect - a misguided aspect in my opinion which placed God as a human male who had mammal-type sexual intercourse with a female - as we do to produce children - to produce Jesus.
    If you leave out the word literal I would agree with all that you post on Jesus, as far as I understand your material, is supported in scripture.
    The subject is what is in scripture and not what I believe which is immaterial as is my claim that I'm an atheist which itself has many interpretations.
    ---
    I have never posted that scripture says that Jesus is not the Son of God.
    Please show me where I did.
    You make these false statements to be argumentative - not so? You come across that way to me.
    What is meant by the Son of God is also a matter of interpretation as can seen just from this forum.

Matthew 16.
    16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
    17 And Jesus answered and said unto him,Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Does that mean that Christ is the literal Son of God?
    You think so, I don't, I believe its meaning is deeper than the literal Son of God.
    Is that what Jews believe? If they do you have been right all along.
    I doubt that they do.

You claim what Jesus is reported to have said. which was never that he is the literal Son of God. That is you adding to scripture.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.