monogenés: only begotten
    Original Word: μονογενής, ές
    Part of Speech: Adjective
    Transliteration: monogenés
    Phonetic Spelling: (mon-og-en-ace')
    Definition: only begotten
    Usage: only, only-begotten; unique.
    HELPS Word-studies
    3439 monogenḗs (from 3411 /misthōtós, "one-and-only" and 1085 /génos, "offspring, stock") – properly, one-and-only; "one of a kind" – literally, "one (monos) of a class, genos" (the only of its kind).

Monogenes (μονογενής) has two primary definitions, "pertaining to being the only one of its kind within a specific relationship" and "pertaining to being the only one of its kind or class, unique in kind".[1] Its Greek meaning is often applied to mean "one of a kind, one and only".[2] Monogenēs may be used as an adjective. For example, monogenēs pais means only child, only legitimate child or special child.[3] Monogenēs may also be used on its own as a noun. For example, o monogenēs means "the only one", or "the only legitimate child".[4]

The word is used in Hebrews 11:17–19 to describe Isaac, the son of Abraham. However, Isaac was not the only-begotten son of Abraham, but was the chosen, having special virtue

.[5] Thus Isaac was "the only legitimate child" of Abraham. That is, Isaac was the only son of Abraham that God acknowledged as the legitimate son of the covenant. It does not mean that Isaac was not literally "begotten" of Abraham, for he indeed was, but that he alone was acknowledged as the son that God had promised.

The term is notable outside normal Greek usage in two special areas: in the cosmology of Plato and in the Gospel of John. As concerns the use by Plato there is broad academic consensus, generally following the understanding of the philosopher Proclus (412–485 AD).

Some interpretations of the word "unique" attempt to preclude birth, yet the full Greek meaning is always in the context of a child (genes).
    Note whereu (Always)
    Again,this would preclude this from being "My interpretation"

A unique child is also a born child, hence the full meaning of the word "begotten" as found in John 3:16 (KJV), for example.
    In applying this to Christ's begottenness, He is unique , but also still the Son of God by birth.

Not my interpretation Whereu

I didnt make the greek word monogenés up

Nothing to do with me

Im just parroting their meaning that i didnt make up

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.