The gems of Revelation 21, page-685

1. 3,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 536
    @whereu

"Ummm.
    You are the one doing the complaining about my pointing out a truth which is nowhere in the Bible does it state that Jesus is the literal Son of God or that he was Crucified for being the literal Son of God.
    If I'm wrong show us the verses to support your claim, and I will be happy to concede that I'm wrong."

Its not necessarily about you or me being right or wrong,its about analysing each others point of view

With that said

You said there is not 1 verse that says Jesus is Gods literal son

I answered your question actually in detail

So either you didnt see it

Didnt understand it

Because you wouldnt be able to disagree with it,because it wasnt my opinion

So ill express the point again

The english word only begotton was translated from the greek word protokos
    which primary meaning is birthed/born

So without quoting the plethora of verses only begotten which was translated from protokos,it dosent matter what you or i say ,because the protokos means born/birthed.

I also supplied the meaning of what the words father and son mean.

Again nothing to do with yours or my opinion

Words have a meaning and we can use concordances/lexicons/dictionaries that tell us what meanings of words mean

If i said to you,do you want to meet my son?

What would you think i meant?

So why would you think any different,when the bible,says,God so loved the world,he gave his only begotton (protokos) son?

In every other use of the word son,you know what the word means

But on this subject you want it to mean something outside of its obvious meaning,to suit a theological position.

Even the apostle Paul told the Galatians that they should not believe him - or even an angel from heaven

If either one of them should give a "different interpretation" of the gospel of Christ

That’s pretty strong language, but it shows the importance of this principle of no private interpretations,thats why there are so many denominations.

"What I see or believe is immaterial.
    We are debating what is in the Bible and not what I see or believe.
    Wrong - I enjoy your challenges because they get me to focus on what is in the Bible."

Well thats good then
    Why dont you answer the points that i made? rather than say i didnt give you one verse that says Jesus is a literal son

I gave you s heap,you didnt address even one verse i gave,nor the words i gave that were Greek that were translated to english,showing,"its not my interpretation"
    Its what the writers of the bible intended for its readers to understand.

If this wasnt so

They would have used other words,they used words that expressed what they wanted to reader to understand.

Why use protokos or monogenes

I replied to you with these words and their Greek meaning ,you didnt say a word in reply?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.