The gentiles are rejecting Jesus for the second time - sudden destruction will come, page-22

1. RM
    7,401 Posts.
    The perfect example of love is found in the Godhead, between the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

We are made in the image of God so as created beings we seek relationship and love is found in relationship.

Jesus stated the greatest commandment referred to this relationship

Matthew 22:37 Jesus told him, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.

Jesus is quoting Deuteronomy 6

5 You are to love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength.

So there is a subtle change, strength was required to love God and follow his commandments

14 You shall not commit adultery.

so have the strength to not commit adultery avoid the temptation then go to the Temple and offer your sacrifices and continue on absolved

Jesus did not abandon the commandments he lived them perfectly as the only man who could but he came to fulfil their purpose, to offer the sacrifice for sin and also to become our eternal High Priest. All these categories and requirements Jesus met but he also by fulfilling the law, he reinforced them.

Matthew 5
    28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

This now became not a set of new laws to follow it required a radical change, a heart replacement.

…25 I will also sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean. I will cleanse you from all your impurities and all your idols. 26I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

How can we see signs that the heart transplant has taken hold and has not been rejected, well we see the good fruits, and the works that are generated by the new Spirit and new heart. How are all good works which are likened to soiled rags then sorted, it is the foundation they are built on.

12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, or straw, 13 his workmanship will be evident, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will prove the quality of each man’s work.

We must love God with our heart and soul, but also the mind and this is often a stumbling block for those who value their pride of life, their own mind this is the god they love and no other.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus told him, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.

Last edited by RM: 26/12/21

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.