The God of Jesus, page-5

1. 5,558 Posts.
    John 20:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”
    Mrg, you have to put the whole verse in the right context it was written in not in part/s or partially of what the verse is saying and forming your doctrine centered around it.

First of all, He does not, say our, but “My Father and your Father,” or nor does he say our “God”, there is a distinction between “My” and “your”

In the context you seem to be putting in the He should've said "our"

We have our relationship to God through Him: He has His in a manner altogether peculiar to Himself and is primarily to Himself plus in relation to everything else and especially to us, where we have our relationship with the Father through Him

Our old and often interrupted earthly interaction with Christ is over; the new and continuous interaction with the Ascended Lord has not yet begun, that will be when He sent the Holy Spirit (John 14:15-31)

His veiled character of the glory of the Risen One during this time is intimated in his mysterious words to Mary Magdalene: "I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God. This indicates a difference in manifestation between the glory of the risen Christ and that of the Christ exalted to the Father's right hand, a transition marked by the event of the Ascension to heaven

Christ, who is risen, is not to be sought in this world according to the flesh, but in heaven by faith where He is to go / for us where He has gone and is now before us.

That’s the overall meaning of this verse

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.