Thankee kind sir. Yup! Krakatoa was interesting, but Tambore in...

1. 3,493 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    Thankee kind sir. Yup! Krakatoa was interesting, but Tambore in 1815 was far more so. It caused the "Year with no Summer" and famines world wide. Even Mt Pinatubo lowered the temp in the Southern Hemisphere for two years.

So the point is that we are "up ourselves". If we vanished, in a few years any climate change we have made would vanished. WE ARE JUST NOT THAT OMNIPOTENT OR IMPORTANT. Mankind with all its technology, could not do even what Mt. Pinatubo did. Let alone Krakatoa and Tambora. (Mt Tambora made Mt St Helens look like a popgun)

My main field of study (recreational) was in Rabaul. Wanela longlong waitman i go antap munten paia, na laikim guria. The sheer power of these living breathing beings, made me realize how puny we are. Just look at Whakaari just recently. And that was really minor, but a disaster waiting to happen. One of my Maori friends asked if I would set foot on White Is. I replied. "Not without a fireproof-suit and an air supply. He nodded his head, for he was aware of my hobby/interest.

Yu stap gut wantok.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.