Your ramblings are more eloquent and understandable compared to...

1. 28,230 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    Your ramblings are more eloquent and understandable compared to mine but the description for why you haven’t accepted the Word as undeniable, aligns closely to my views.

12 years of Catholic education with the foundation of the system being based in acceptance of the church’s teachings, they asked us to question what we believed in and find the answers to any questions regarding our belief in the good book or if it was to hard to ask a brother or priest.

Independent thought or doubting was encouraged as knowledge of who the dissenters were, why they doubted and how difficult it would be to get them back into line was/is valued information.
    That was my take on my school system and I enjoyed my time in that system, I hold no regrets, in fact that system was a good foundation for understanding how society works.

Follow the rules.
    When faced with a situation that seems at odds with what is the accepted wisdom/belief of the majority, take your time to rethink your thoughts before you voice your disbelief/doubts.
    Most of the time it just isn’t worth rocking the boat.

The effects of policy decisions based on MMCC with the claim that we have only a decade or so before we lose any chance to save the world had gotten pretty stale by 2000 with me.
    I don’t want to try and change the minds of those who believe as change can only come from within.
    That doesn’t mean I have to refrain from pointing out discrepancies/oddities that I see (real, imagined or perceived) not to mention how engaging our believer friends are here, they draw me back into the conversation with their wisdom.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.