The Gospel for 'now', page-2

1. 11,853 Posts.
    The Gospel for today is Grace NOT Kingdom
    ----------------
    Paul's message was the same ''good news'' that was proclaimed by Jesus and his earlier disciples.
    (1 Corinthians 15:3) For among the first things I handed on to you was what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures;

Paul had to first repent and get baptized.
    (Acts 9:17-19) So An·a·niʹas went and entered the house, and he laid his hands on him and said: “Saul, brother, the Lord Jesus, who appeared to you on the road along which you were coming, has sent me so that you may recover sight and be filled with holy spirit.” And immediately, what looked like scales fell from his eyes, and he recovered his sight. He then got up and was baptized, and he ate some food and gained strength. He stayed for some days with the disciples in Damascus,

His faith in the sin atoning value of Jesus' shed blood had to be demonstrated by his works.
    (1 Corinthians 9:16) Now if I am declaring the good news, it is no reason for me to boast, for necessity is laid upon me. Really, woe to me if I do not declare the good news!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.