(Genesis 1:28) Further, God blessed them, and God said to them:...

1. 11,826 Posts.
    (Genesis 1:28) Further, God blessed them, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on the earth.”
    (Genesis 1:31) After that God saw everything he had made, and look! it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, a sixth day.

There is God's stated purpose for man. Will it be accomplished? Of course, it is impossible for it to fail!

(Isaiah 55:11) So my word that goes out of my mouth will be. It will not return to me without results, But it will certainly accomplish whatever is my delight, And it will have sure success in what I send it to do.

But clearly it did not happen at the moment he spoke those words.  It takes 9 months for just one child to be born. To ''Be fruitful and become many, fill the earth and subdue it'' etc would logically take a very long time even if Satan was not seeking to oppose God's stated purpose. The earth is not yet 'filled' and it is closer to being ruined than to being 'subdued'. It is the same for each of the other ''days''. For instance for water to drain off so that earth appeared and that grass could grow and trees bearing fruit could grow would all take time. -- ( Gen 9:1-13) In the ''evening'' it could not be seen but by the ''morning'' of the 3rd ''day'' it could.

God's purpose stated on day 6 will finally be accomplished during the 1,000 year reign of God's Son. After that God's rest will be concluded and Jesus will hand back all things to his Father. (1 Cor 15:28). We are still in the evening of the 7th day. The ''daystar'' or ''morning star'', Jesus, will soon usher in a bright new day where it will clearly be seen that God's purpose is being accomplished. (Rev 22:16) At present we are still in the darkness of Satan's misrule of the earth.
      For our part we need to ''enter into God's rest'' by ceasing from trying to justify ourselves and enter God's rest by accepting His provisions for righteousness. (Heb 4:9,10)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.