Spid, thank you for creating this. I now feel comfortable...

1. 693 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    Spid, thank you for creating this. I now feel comfortable posting again. With the recent changes to mining activity I have now bought back into FGR. The mining reports are still not at the level of detail that I would like, but they are much better than they were. To me mining Graphite and its conversion to graphene is a niche that the company should concentrate on. I still have great reservations about the development of the technologies, for the fire retardants the Underwriters (UL) small scale tests are notoriously bad at predicting behaviour in larger scale tests. I don’t know if the larger scale test have been carried out yet, but they have had lots of opportunities to submit them to CSIRO and as the lead time is about 6 weeks this suggests they either haven’t been submitted or the results are not good. My gut feeling suggests the latter. With regards to graphene in concrete, this I just cannot understand, if you want conductivity, carbon black is a cheap and a currently used source, if you want strength, carbon nanotubes or chopped glass fibre will give good results at a cheaper cost. The less said about BEST the better. The aluminium composite has potential, but not enough details have been released to make an assessment of this. My main concern in concentrating on technologies is that the lead times are very long and the possibility of success small. I fear the company will run out of money again before any come to fruition. Thus my wish they would get the mining and sale of Graphene right first. Just my thoughts, I am happy to engage in constructive discussion, otherwise I will just go away again.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.