Putin has blood in his hands, too. But Russia, unlike Israel, is...

1. 326 Posts.
    Putin has blood in his hands, too. But Russia, unlike Israel, is not committing a genocide. Russia's aim in this war is not a total destruction of Ukrainian people. Israel's aim, on the other hand, by their own admission on more than one occasion (and by other hallmarks of a genocide) is an anihilation of all Palestinians in Gaza and, by the look of it, in the West Bank and East Jerusalem as well. This is the difference.

Maybe it is the collective West that is genocidal or semi-genocidal?
    The West is the source of this evil.

Through its support for Israel after 1967, pushing Russia to war with Ukraine, starting and/or supporting countless wars, overthrowing democratically elected governments, meddling in other nations' affairs, assassinations of foreign officials and so forth. Turning a blind eye on genocide in Rwanda and other places. Nothing to be proud of. And I'm not even talking about what had happened before all that, up until 19 century in Africa and Asia.

How does this record compare with China's record while moving from communism to communist capitalism? They've also done a thing or two but that pales in comparison with the West's record. We have to keep in mind, imo, how large a country China is in terms of its diverse population so it's bound to commit some bad deeds while running this huge country and transitioning into a different political system.

I myself have high hopes in BRICS which will continue its expansion.
    All my opinion.
    Last edited by puntah: 28/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.