DLS 0.00% 69.0¢ drillsearch energy limited

The Great Gas Debate

1. 4,876 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    Well it's on ....the great gas debate

We have been discussing on these forums the forecast gas shortages on the east coast for quite some time now so it's interesting to see that gas gas gas is being talked up now in the media. Victoria's moratorium on onshore gas fields ending (2015), prices tripling, one in five businesses having to close down, gas reserves etc etc if we do not develop our own home grown supplies. This has been on the news in the last seven days alone.

This is starting to heat up (no pun intended) and gain some traction with some good old fashion scare mongering in the mainstream media - although there is an element of truth in it despite the talking down of the industry by STO. Not sure what STO are up to but maybe it is to light a rocket under the development of areas like the Cooper Basin. Some say there are more sinister reasons why STO are saying what they are saying, ie forcing the market down to then opportunistically buy at rock bottom prices.

Whichever way you look at it the fields will need to be developed and maybe this will be the last opportunity to buy at these prices. Pure speculation on my part but the position can be argued.

Anyhow we will see in the fullness of time. For me, however, DLS being cashed up as it is and with the current drilling campaign it will take an extraordinary bid by any company wanting to take us over.

Oil will continue to provide a revenue stream and gas will be the real company maker. Wishful thinking on my part - maybe - but Brad and the team have been consistently delivering and I am sure they have got this planned out and will execute very well.

Cheers
    BW

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DLS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.