the great housing debate, my story...

1. 67 Posts.
    im 23, electrician, work big hrs with stable gf on average wage.. we were looking at buying our first home at the end of last year, uno, cash in on the First home owner grant bla bla......

every house i looked at (500k or lower, within 15km of bris cbd) was in need of WORK or basically IMO bulldozed.. AND i had an experienced real estate agent (best mates dad) pointing me to these houses.. in the end we gave up due to sh!t houses and familys/buyers/investors fighting over these holes!!!

back then i thought like a typical australian.. buy a house, do it up, sell for a profit.. its how australia works..

anyway i found myself getting into stocks.. learning about bears, bulls, bubbles.. wateva i could/can read i would, i am obsessed!!! trading like a crazy man, and loving every bit of it!!!

"BUY LOW, SELL HIGH" seems like a stupid line, but yet makes sence right?

AUS house prices are HIGH right?

not sure on this one, but, AUS house prices to average wage is the highest in the world right? therefore us australians are working harder and longer for our great dream THEN ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD!!!!!

i could move somewhere and pay off my house 5 yrs quicker.. to me, this blows me mind and makes me VERY ANGRY.

i think australia has lost the balance.. ppl that got in the market before or during the boom, can afford houses now... what about everyone, like me, who are just starting out.. WELL LET ME TELL U

....the only way we get into the market, is by our parents.. how many young ppl do i know that own something (unit)..one!!!!!! most young ppl i know or have talked to or heard things.. BLOW ALL THERE MONEY ON CLOTHES, MAKE UP, DRINKING, CLUBBING, DRUGS, HOLIDAYS, GAMBLING, CARS, ANYTHING BUT HOUSES!!!!!!!!! uno y?

we can't afford it

we can live the high life that we all want.. and honestly, i think we are all secretly relying on our parents to pass on their wealth... makes me, sick.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.