the great housing debate, my story..., page-57

1. 19,083 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    "UT, I am sure each generation has it's various problems and hardships, but what we are discussing here is housing affordability and it's been factually proven that it costs more today (relative to wages) than it did in previous generations."

Sure we are talking affordability - so that is why you have to start in the outer-suburbs where affordability is better. That is the point that too many are unwilling to accept.

"Now, you mention that your parents struggled. Is that because they wanted to live in the expensive areas and have the latest gadgets. If only they listened to the advice being handed out here and moved to the outskirts of the city in the less desirable areas and saved just that little bit extra."

No I grew up in the country, and we definitely did not have the latest gadgets etc. Again the point is that not all in fact I would suggest most boomers are no where as well off as those that say the boomers had it easy and what most have has taken them decades to achieve (i.e. home ownership).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.