That traitor Menzies donated Australia to the UK to use as a...

1. 2,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49
    That traitor Menzies donated Australia to the UK to use as a nuclear test site with consequent radiation clouds spread over SA, northern NSW and southern QLD. I would bet if they did a study on cancer rates in those areas there would have been a consequent spike! The local indigenous population near Maralinga was virtually ignored and many died of radiation sickness.

The British did two ineffectual clean-ups of Maralinga in the 1960s. The proper clean-up between 1995 and 2000 cost more than $100 million, of which Australia paid $75 million. It has left an artificial mesa in the desert containing 400,000 cubic metres of plutonium contaminated soil.

That's not to mention the nukes the Poms let off on the Monte Bello Islands off the WA coast and the Australian servicemen sacrificed as human guinea pigs.

Did we ever get a quid pro quo in the form of nuclear weapons - of course not!

Menzies once said of the Queen "I did but see her passing by, and yet I love her till I die." A pity he disdained Australians!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.