Al Qaeda or IS didn't exist in Iraq or Syria back then...... No,...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Al Qaeda or IS didn't exist in Iraq or Syria back then......

No, they were too busy in New York flying planes in to the towers.

Having watched that episode live, it is a greet shame that it happened while most Australians were asleep around 3am.
    What was totally missing in subsequent reports, was the live abject terror about what was going to happen next. What was the next target? A nuclear bomb would not have surprised. I have never seen the live media in such a panic, it was truly scary stuff. Where was the President? Had he been kidnapped?
    The only people who understand that are those who watched live. Those people have a very different perspective than the rest.

I will never forget the picture of a person flapping his shirt out the window high up one tower. Soon the who tower came down in a ferocious pile of rubble and dust. And still we didn't know what was happening in other parts of the US.

In the light of that unforgettable traumatic experience, I find it astounding that I am sitting here apparently addressing Al Qaeda supporters, who's living I support with my taxes. Why has it come to this in our beautiful country?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.