The guillotine has morphed, a bit., page-7

1. 28,490 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    If you and Justis will forgive my poor use of the English language and look at my first post I did say I have to tidy up the struts and possibly rejig.
    That's why the cables look a bit crappy

The wire and turnbuckles are marine grade stainless.

The turnbuckles are bulky and some may say ugly! Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion.
    I was going to use the eye bolt as a tensioner like you suggested doc, cheaper

Because I went with cork between the pieces of wood in the base and I'll do the same with my top, kinda like an old wooden boat deck, I thought a turnbuckle would be in keeping with the nautical theme.
    When the table top goes on, even though it's not very large, they (turnbuckles) won't stick out as much.
    I think I may raise the ballast another 50mm to see if it looks more symmetrical but I'll wait till the top goes on.

I appreciate the honest opinions as I'm sure that others will think/say the same and I can prepare my spiel in advance.

Ps I'll have to try and organise a Jackson special of the non GM type for consultancy service fees as how could I put a $ figure on it
    Last edited by zipperlip: 20/09/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.