If you and Justis will forgive my poor use of the English...

1. 28,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    If you and Justis will forgive my poor use of the English language and look at my first post I did say I have to tidy up the struts and possibly rejig.
    That's why the cables look a bit crappy

The wire and turnbuckles are marine grade stainless.

The turnbuckles are bulky and some may say ugly! Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion.
    I was going to use the eye bolt as a tensioner like you suggested doc, cheaper

Because I went with cork between the pieces of wood in the base and I'll do the same with my top, kinda like an old wooden boat deck, I thought a turnbuckle would be in keeping with the nautical theme.
    When the table top goes on, even though it's not very large, they (turnbuckles) won't stick out as much.
    I think I may raise the ballast another 50mm to see if it looks more symmetrical but I'll wait till the top goes on.

I appreciate the honest opinions as I'm sure that others will think/say the same and I can prepare my spiel in advance.

Ps I'll have to try and organise a Jackson special of the non GM type for consultancy service fees as how could I put a $ figure on it
    Last edited by zipperlip: 20/09/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.