Hey Atomou, ya I notice it too... when I moved back to australia...

1. 810 Posts.
    Hey Atomou, ya I notice it too... when I moved back to australia after 8 years away, I was gobsmacked at dietry habits... and the size of kitchens which was recently explained to me by a designer had in to take a look at my place recently, that families just don't use the kitchen space anymore!!!

My kids range from 11 - 17 - raised in Asia but by a cafe culture mum they thrive on asian food, fresh fruit and vegies, chilis, olives, pesto, cold cuts and cheese - all sorts of good stuff and they can have as much of those things as they like.

They are always saying that they are the only ones in their friendship groups that get healthy home cooked meals every day and who never order lunch in the canteen - because they are more happy with what they get from home! Their friends are always flogging their lunch or coming over here to be fed.... we feed strays everyday i think.

My partner and I work massive hours but not cooking does our head in.... its the stress release in our family... but we make a daily ritual over a glass or two of red while cooking together each evening - keeps us in dialogue at least! My 15yr old son is an apprentice chef and he LOVES cooking and the social life around it.

Moving next week and was delighted to see the new place has a bit of earth where we can throw in vegies, I'd die to have chooks again.... but the brisbane bush turkeys will have to suffice for the time being LOL

Anyway, back to grind... that was nice time out from the books though! Regards all DL

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.