MFG 0.83% $8.36 magellan financial group limited

The Horse has Bolted

1. 700 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 842

Those selling out of MFG at these current prices run the risk of getting their timing horribly wrong.

The market has punished MFG for past failures and that’s all well and truly priced in now at sub $30......add to that the whole Hamish fiasco and you really do have a significantly oversold stock.

Now with some of the pandemic winners coming off the boil you run the risk of jumping across to these funds/investments just when the tide is turning back towards MFGs portfolio of US big tech and multinational big brand stocks. How could you rule out the Magellan investments actually being the place to be over the next 3-5 years ? After all the fast bucks these past 18 months I’m thinking it might be this portfolios turn in a more settled market.

Of course trading will be volatile for a while yet.....and there will be a lagging effect on FUM for a couple of more quarters.....but I’m a hold on MFG at these prices - crystallising losses at $28/$29 just doesn’t seem like a smart move.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.36
Change
-0.070(0.83%)
Mkt cap ! $1.511B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.44 $8.44 $8.24 $12.59M 1.510M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 8816 $8.35

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.36 1686 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.