MFG 0.71% $9.22 magellan financial group limited

Look I like the business but I see a lot of headwinds. As you...

1. 309 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 242
    Look I like the business but I see a lot of headwinds.
    As you point out barrenjoey was on the lark acquisition, IB is in a sweet spot, easy to make deals when rates are cheap.

To your comment on my investment strategy.
    "to sell at these prices if you have held before , buy high sell low and miss out on those divis , amazing investment strategy".

My investment strategy revolves around finding high quality business with scale, high returns on capital, great management and opportunity for growth purchased at sensible prices. Magellan no longer fits my criteria, (management and growth), therefore it was significantly reduced.

Were platinum investors buying high and selling low if they brought at 7 and sold at 5? I bet current holders wouldn't mind selling at that 'low' considering its now $2.70.

As to your comment re GQG
    I agree that their emerging market fund is very different to magellan global, however their global fund is indirect competition, top holdings include Microsoft, Alphabet, Nvidia, AZ, Visa and UnitedHealth, available at half the fees and better performance.

Yes, I remain a shareholder as a way to monitor the business and If they convince me they will stop misleading shareholders and make their clients more money than the index I'll reconsider. If you want to buy more magellan shares, someone has to sell them to you! Maybe I'm doing you a massive favour?
    Rest assured comments both positive and negative won't influence a stock of this size.

Again, I really hope i'm wrong about magellan, I'd love to see performance turn around, inflows resume and it get back to all time highs.

Cheers,
    Plague.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.22
Change
0.065(0.71%)
Mkt cap ! $1.672B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.26 $9.31 $9.21 $751.6K 81.25K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 3091 $9.21

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.22 792 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.07am 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.