Great thread all .. Thankyou . When I first read Grahods post ,...

1. 3,795 Posts.
    Great thread all .. Thankyou .

When I first read Grahods post , my first question was the use of this word " common man " . The " common man " as you put it has so many other things to think about , feeding the family and paying the morgage for a start .

We here ( speaking generally ) might like to think that we debate " superior " " more important " issues . Maybe the GFC in Australia would have been far worse if everyone was like " us " ???? .. so interested in world affairs etc . Just a thought ! Im not suggesting there is bliss in ignorance , but I love to quote " The man that sold hotdogs " theory , which I have posted here before . The message of the story , is do the little things to keep the big wheel turning .

At the same time I know I have been in situations like Grahod describes where I think " How come they have no interset in the stuff " ... I put this to you ..Will it really matter today if I only talk to others about Casey Stoner or football ? And is it just possible that my contribution to Australias GDP would be enhanced in I only spoke of football , Caulfield Cup and Casey Stoner ??

I think we might all like to think we are itelligent , unfortunately Im not very intelligent , I like reading hotcopper because it makes me think , but Im sure I only use a fraction of my potential .

There is a danger in underestimating the so called " common man " ..and overestimating the intelligence of " others " ..Whoever they may be .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.