The image of the invisible God, page-4

1. 3,979 Posts.
    This rules out Jesus, Adam or Eve being God.
    Yes, we know this but was it intrinsic to - Who is the image of the invisible God. . . Or did you extrapolate that understanding by further reading and applying understanding that is not at first evident?

That creatures existed before the earth was created - Again, yes, Mr Gordon. The fact or assumption that we are all created in the image of God and God is a being without beginning or end suggest that both you and I in some form are also without beginning or end. Some creatures may have been sentient or conscious and others were in a pre-conscious state awaiting their moment to be physical forms.

Angels existed at that time - Angels is an interesting term, likely to be a station of development that certain human souls can eventual reach. They may or may not have existed at a time along an external time-line before the beginnings of this universe.

The firstborn of these sons of God was the Son of God, that later became known as Jesus. - And Moses and Buddha and Muhammad and Baha'u'llah and Krishna and many many other manifestations of this same spirit.

And though we were for the greater part in agreement you finished with your coup de grace and offered me what? a slight, a rebuke, an insult, an indication of your iron-clad Biblical understanding as opposed to my understandings - there is no difficulty in children accepting these truths. Some however simply refuse.

One day you will learn the difference between accepting and understanding. Go back to that original single line of text and then without the advantage of further reading tell me if alone it explains the full meaning of the Trinity or the station of Jesus.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.