IMU 3.77% 5.1¢ imugene limited

p values are usually the gold standard in research for measuring...

1. 156 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    p values are usually the gold standard in research for measuring significance, in layperson terms, whether an observed effect is due to chance or not. There is perhaps sometimes an overreliance on p values and generally larger samples are associated with a smaller p value.

I honestly doubt that hedge funds or institutional investors have the scientific expertise to assess statistical significance as part of their investment decision making. They have better things to do than analyse key statistics from studies.

I tend to see an alpha level set at 0.05 and have never seen it set at 0.10. However, that might just be my lack of understanding around the implications of setting a higher alpha level. The sample is very small and well. Thankfully enrolment has been completed and now we need to wait for the survival periods to lapse for the hazard ratio to be updated between the comparison groups. I'd like to see a visual representation of the results such as the standard Kaplan-Meier survival curve which should convey the differences between the groups much better than a single statistic can assuming that the differences are pronounced enough to include in an ASX announcement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.1¢
Change
-0.002(3.77%)
Mkt cap ! $373.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.2¢ 5.0¢ $669.7K 13.07M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 1074997 5.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.2¢ 1209633 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.