AGO 0.00% 4.5¢ atlas iron limited

Many didn't take Trump seriously when he put his hand up for the...

1. J89
    1,365 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 66
    Many didn't take Trump seriously when he put his hand up for the US elections. I know I didn't. Well except for a friend who placed a $10,000 bet on him winning.

During his campaign, he relentlessly emphasises his willingness to overhaul America's infrastructure. Again no one cared becuase no one thought he had a chance. I know I would always laugh at the thought of having him as the American President.

When he surprisingly won, he again reminded us all about the importance of the country's infrastructure. Most people brushed it off and said he's unstable, doesn't know what he's really saying and he'll change his mind soon enough.

Well today, as he's done in the past on numerous occasions, he's reminded us about infrastructure. And I'm buying it! So are many political analysts and so will the market come Monday morning. Chinese New Year or not! It's uphill from here.

Well done to all who have found the strength to hold during all the downramping but also fight of the urge of taking profits too early. Long way to go before taking profits, charts showing 13c short term but that's for another day.

I'll leave you with an excerpt from Mr President Trump's inauguration speech this morning.

“For many decades we have enriched foreign industry at the expense of American industry, subsidized the armies of other countries while allowing for a very sad depletion of our military,” Trump said. “We’ve defended other nations’ borders while refusing to defend our own. And spent trillions and trillions of dollars overseas while America’s infrastructure has fallen into disrepair and decay.”

“We will build new roads and highways and bridges and airports and tunnels and railways all across our wonderful nation,” he pledged. “We will get our people off of welfare and back to work, rebuilding our country with American hands and American labor,” he added.

Trump promised during the 2016 presidential campaign to at least double Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s infrastructure investment target. His detailed proposal depends heavily on private investors, with the federal government encouraging investment by providing highly generous federal tax credits."

Jay

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.