nosirommit,"If you are only basing you argument on the last...

1. 474 Posts.
    nosirommit,

"If you are only basing you argument on the last decade then you better go do some more research"
    All investment class work in cycle, we had a decade long of 'up cycle' due to credit expansion resulting in housing bubble, but now both macro and micro events are favouring a begining of a 'down cycle'

"that is a far cry from 40% drop"
    ?? where did you get that figure from?
    Did any of my post mentioned that figure?
    I have no idea what property market will do,
    but I don't see a favourable risk/reward ratio for property investment in australia under current environment and valuation.

"are you seriously suggesting that the Oz gov would peg our currency???"
    I am not saying OZ gov WOULD peg usd
    I am saying oz gov SHOULD PEG our currency,
    By the way this would be bullish or say less bearish for OZ properties than leaving aud as it is ie allowing it to rise as safe haven asset.

"Again, a far cry from 40% drops, just say that you don't think it is a good investment, quit with the doomsday crap."
    40% again? :)

"but very few have lost money."
    :) are you serious?
    have your heard of falls in gold coast, brisbane, melbourne, more recently canberra? not all who have sold were sitting on huge CG over years, and with recent trends in investment cut downs across mines resulting in rising unemployment(real) I am not sure if the worst is over.

A Property investment on 90% lvr has to rise avg 5% yoy just to breakeven in real terms.
    Being a leveraged asset a fall of just 10% has the potential to wipe out 100% capital in real terms.

"Best performing in my investment history - shares, then property then cash. Would I put it all into shares? - not a chance. Property must hold some place in a balanced LONG TERM portfolio."
    I am talking about asset allocation based on value, ie reducing position from overvalued asset and adding it to undervalued asset.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.