CTP 1.96% 5.0¢ central petroleum limited

the (infamous) ctp forum - a touch of optimism

1. 6,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    There seems to be a collective thought amongst some members of this forum that the CTP forum is nothing more than a collection of hyped up, ill-knowledged rampers.

I'm not aware of the history of CTP discussion on hotcopper prior to last month because I only joined in May. That said I will comment on the supposed 'ramping' because there is an obvious divided opinion on whether it is healthy or damaging for the stock.

There are some members on this forum who have invested an absolute fortune into this company. Some of those have ridden a tough and long journey to get to this particuarly important moment in Central's history. Naturally, there is a huge excitement building amongst those long term holders and even those just in for a quick buck. With this excitement comes the feeling for everyone to give their personal opinion and unbottle their emotion. An online forum is a great medium for this.

What we have in this CTP forum is an immense body of knowledge, analysis, stories and excitement. Some people feel that the ever building excitement (some call it ramping) is a bad thing for the integrity of both the stock and those making said excited (although sometimes not 100% correct) remarks. What we have to understand is that people are set to make a killing out of potential gas, oil, helium and coal findings if things just fall into shape in the next few months. Never would I encourage uncalled for ramping, however I feel in this situation a bit of extravagance is warranted, particularly given that we are just days away from possibly unveiling an enormous size goods from our Ooraminna 2 project.

In summary, this CTP forum, I feel, is by far the best stock thread on HC. It provides an educative platform with a touch of optimism that not many other forums can boast; and I think that's a good thing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
-0.001(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $37.00M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.1¢ 5.1¢ 5.0¢ $61.41K 1.222M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 462354 5.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 450000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.12pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.