SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

the inside trader gives 10 out of 10 buy score, page-6

1. 5,877 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 305
    Hi Jay,

Noticed that you posted a similar post in regard to CCC yesterday. I do agree with your position in regards to investors seeing the value with this one, but I am not sure about the assertion that this will suddenly pop up on the radars of all the "Value Investors". I take that term to mean investors who are schooled the the Ben Graham/Warren Buffet style of long term investing.

I have spent much time in this area, and am very familiar with the thoughts and ideas of people who claim to be investing in this way, and I don't think SSN (even though the cash position would make SSN close to a Ben Graham Net/Net type investment) will be on the radars of the vast majority of these people.

If you spend time listening to the many people that expound Value Investing a/la Buffet you will notice that the are heavily invested in industrials, you will very rarely see them taking positions in speculative mining operations (I know, I know, SSN is now not speculative, but it will still be seen to be that way by many long term Value Investors).

To some of these people it is almost anathema to invest in SSN's, I have seen many of the so called value investors rubbish any resource stock that doesn't have a long history of earnings etc. These people actually don't think like 90% of the posters on Hot Copper.

Anyway, I TOTALLY agree with your view that there is much value in SSN, but not so sure many of the "Value Investors"(in the truest sense of the word) will choose to see it.

Probably splitting hairs, but thought I would mention it in any case. Sorry if I offended any Value Investors.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.