MSB 1.40% $1.09 mesoblast limited

So the best line i think i have heard in all this was the quote...

1. 48 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    So the best line i think i have heard in all this was the quote in a piece by other perspective who quoted someone who said ‘ meso went searching for india but found America ‘ !
    if you think about it , while we didn’t get immediate validation and approvals , what we did get was a far far better understanding of how stem cells work ( the method of action which is an fda obsession ) and when they should be used . Before these trials it was thought that this was best used as a salvage therapy after everything else has failed , after steroids in gvhd and ards , after all sorts of therapies in chf, after biologics in rheumatoid arthritis etc etc . What we have in fact discovered that stem cells neeed to be used as a mainstream therapy sooner rather than later which massively increases the potential market for the product .
    It is in fact , to use the expression in vogue , a platform technology for all sorts of inflammatory diseases crying out for a new therapy ..... complications from diabetes , crohns , ulcerative colitis , gvhd , pancreatitis , rheumatoid arthritis .. the list is endless as is the opportunity .
    Just as important , with its massive patent portfolio , the blaster is the 500lb gorilla in this space . You just have to see that takeda found no way around meso’s patent portfolio and is having to pay royalties . It is going to be exceptionally difficult to get around their patents .
    Just as important , meso has visibility to collapsing their cost of goods sold by over 80% over the next three years that will enable them to reduce prices and still have exceptional margins . I think people significantly underestimate the importance of this potential move to 3D bio reactors as it will enable meso to produce cells at an unprecedented scale and cost .
    so for around 1bn dollars in market cap you can buy into a company that is the gateway to helping the largest market in the world in terms of unmet needs ( inflammatory disease ) with a cost of production that is a fraction of competitors with a patent portfolio that is the envy of the industry . You think Novartis is going to walk away from that ? Pull another one .....
    while timings are uncertain , the science is not and the opportunity out on the horizon just got much much bigger ...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.09
Change
0.015(1.40%)
Mkt cap ! $1.238B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.11 $1.12 $1.08 $11.51M 10.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17804 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.09 230637 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.09
  Change
0.015 ( 1.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.10 $1.12 $1.08 1937390
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.