NBS 0.00% 9.9¢ nationwide building society.

Hi danga and nexdollarI think it is reasonable to conclude that...

1. 723 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 129
    Hi danga and nexdollar

I think it is reasonable to conclude that if NBS management had any good news to report, they would have done so.

I think the key problem here is that NBS management are no longer sure when the cash is going to come in. Certainly, back in August they were telling analysts that there would be an update on the cash position "in about a month". So, back then, they gave the impression that the cash was going to flow in a timely manner. Evidently, a lot of instos had this expectation as well. I don't think NBS management have this confidence anymore, so they have decided to say nothing.

If the issue is simply a matter of debtors being a bit late (perhaps due to administrative inefficiencies), then one would have thought it would be in the company's best interest to release a note saying this. The fact that NBS management are saying absolutely nothing (not even returning emails/phone calls from analysts to say "sorry, we can't say anything") leads people to naturally speculate that there is something serious (such as a technical problem with nexcode) they are trying to hide.

If there is a problem with nexcode (and I'm not saying there is), then the problem is probably not clear cut, and probably falls in a grey area such that NBS management are not yet required to say anything about it to the market.

As I said in my last post, my gut tells me that NBS management genuinely believe that the cash will eventually come in. But the market, including instos, have evidently lost patience. Another week or so of no news could see this stock at 20c. (I'm hoping NBS management will read this post, and be motivated to make an ASX release, even if it includes discussion of certain 'problems'. At this stage, I think some discussion from management as to why debtors are past due will be better for the sp than no news at all. Indeed, the only sound reason I can think of for not releasing an update at this stage is if management felt an update on debtors could jeopardize sensitive negotiations regarding a new contract).

If there is no ASX please explain notice tonight, then the other key newsflow to look out for will be change in substantial shareholder notices.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NBS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.