JKA 0.00% 0.3¢ jacka resources limited

the jurassic phenomena

1. 3,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 285
    Perhaps least understood and known by many posters here is the potential of the Jurassic period formations and following Cretaceous period.

These formations and periods in time (200 million years ago to 130 million years ago, then Cretaceous to 65 million years ago) , especially in Europe's North sea discoveries, Libya, Egypt and Tunisia discoveries ALL formed almost all the oils being now discovered are FROM the Jurassic formations.

(I could also relate to perhaps more than 75% in fact of all large worlds oil discoveries all being in Jurassic/ Cretaceous formation including those in Saudi Arabia and Yemen, kenya and the list really goes on).

As to the Morocco riddle , the target oil wells being Cap Juby and soon Tarfaya for Tangiers Oil.

Its probably comes down to the question, was the action of the tectonics kind enough to squeeze the rocks into suitable traps after Jurassic time but during Cretaceous. Certainly the OIL was formed with then ideal natural conditions occured during the Jurassic 56 million years and perhaps half of the 80 million years of the Cretaceous.

My opinion (not that it counts) is that the probability is the oil is there. But perhaps its a matter thereof of hitting that proverbial patch of free flowing stuff.

Time and again history has shown that drilling even a km apart can make the difference to a big discovery or nothing.
    Fortunately today 2D and 3D mapping have made possible huge chances in finding that right patch. With Morocco of course being in the category of the most unexplored regions in Africa, probability of a big discovery is obviously still there.

Morocco's Jurassic formations have still probably huge oil patches.
    Just a matter of hitting them sooner rather than later for TPT's stock price obviously.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JKA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.