FAR 1.06% 47.5¢ far limited

Good morning Aqua It is good to see that now in the clear light...

1. pj
    2,090 Posts.
    Good morning Aqua

It is good to see that now in the clear light of a new day you are now, in some respects, beginning to talk some sense.

Firstly may I say that should future deep water exploration and appraisal drilling end up demonstrating a 30m average net oil pay in continuous high quality sands over a 600sq km area as you suggest then this could equate to a resource of around 6 billion barrels recoverable. I ran these numbers into the cheater on my spreadsheet and I concur.

However the current situation for the remaining mapped FAN resources according to the JV is:

1. Early FAN (Beer): Tested oil at FAN1. Complexities resulted in insufficient confidence to draw up contingent resource estimates without further appraisal (current estimate P50 950mb STOOIP – equivalent to say 300mb 2C at 30% recovery should that recovery potential be confirmed, plus potential to vary that estimate dependent on appraisal results). Upper fans (NORTH FAN) were tested at FAN1 and did not contain commercial oil.

2. CENTRAL and SOUTH Fans (?NORTH FAN equivalents?): Pre-drill exploration status with FAR’s published estimates indicating a total potential P50 resource around 615mb and 19% possibility of success (about 115mb risked).

To suggest instead that there is some sort of conspiracy to withhold a “true” potential of 6 billion barrels for the FANs is tantamount to saying the JV is providing misleading information to the market.

pj

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.5¢
Change
0.005(1.06%)
Mkt cap ! $43.89M
Open High Low Value Volume
46.5¢ 48.0¢ 46.5¢ $110.3K 234.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 217746 46.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.5¢ 68975 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.