the kiwis are flat out

1. 4,287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I've got a shearing shed full of Kiwis today, all going flat out, making hay while the sun shines. Real good workers, all of them, very obliging and accomodating, hence they are working today. What they can't finish today, their boss will come out himself tomorrow to complete the job. I'd prefer he didn't come but we have to be flexible both ways.

A good shearer makes big money, can travel the world too, shearers are wanted in many countries. A shortage of shearers here, a good shearer finds it hard to get a holiday. Plenty of Kiwis coming over to fill the need, but you still find a few Ozzie shearers with more time on their hands than what they would like.
    The Kiwis initiated the big changes to the shearing industry years ago, and were hated for it at the time, but the wool industry couldn't have survived without the productivity increases the Kiwis bought.
    I asked them what their opinion was about the election, I was pretty sure I knew what it would be and I was right. They would like to see the Liberals stay in power.
    That's the word from REAL working men with the advantage of having been on the outside looking in.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.