IMO greens and their ilk have a couple of problems -- their...

1. 86,791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    IMO greens and their ilk have a couple of problems --

their ideas aren't all that bad at the bottom level - where they fall apart is that they seem quite bereft of thinking though what I consider foreseeable consequences - and are very poor at pragmatic solutions -

they appear to not be able to reach the pragmatic level of thought because they are hampered by their ideas which they are certain are correct. Most of the ideas come from the heart - and, to me - it seems that once the heart is involved - skilled governance goes out the window. Something in how our brain works IMO.

All political groups must realise that you cannot skulldrag a populace into new ideas -- you have to lead them and they have to 'want' to follow -

if you don't have that - you have nothing.

There is the odd thing in history that someone just does - invents or whatever and that idea just runs all by itself - because sometimes - someone knows what people want even though people don't know it themselves but, are ready and primed for it ----------- the smartphone is an example -

mostly however, people have to be coerced - convinced - persuaded - and, then allowed to carry the thing forward themselves - rather than dragged.

An additional problem for Greens - although we haven't got to see it in this country - is, IMO - exactly the same problem that Labor have ---------- the total inability (except for the odd occasion in history) - to execute.

Greens would be absolutely dreadful at execution - as is Labor.

What is most annoying is that the Libs (when they aren't fractured) are often quite good at execution - but, unfortunately, are more than not actually bereft of ideas to go forward in meaningful ways.

To me - what we need (and, perhaps humans are incapable of it) - is some greenie, lefty, labor type groups coming up with ideas - having those ideas really thought about to see consequences and value - and then, handed over to more right wing leaning groups to actually execute.

bit of an impossible mission if one wanted to try it really

but, there you go.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.