the legality of "illegal" migrants!, page-50

1. 4,271 Posts.
    re: myriam...thank you!!the legality of Yako: "Often for FamilyReports i have to assess the relative merits of opposing parents with regards the residence and contact arrangements for their kids..."

Shiiiiiiiit!

Let's see if you can understand this one yako: It is the duty of every parent to make sure his family -particularly the kids- are safe and out of harm's way. Bombs are falling, maniacs are running the streets, husband has been a political prisoner and tortured... so husband or wife or brother sells everything to escape all this. The UN (I know, I know, you think they stink but that's another issue) recognises all this and has a system of judging who's a refugee and who's not. That could help.
    Once the parent sells everything he tries to get somewhere away from the possible torture. He is NOT going to settle in another country where the persecution will continue, so he'll go on further. You know what persecution is, don't you, Yako? I know, you've never felt it otherwise you certainly wouldn't be talking like this.
    So they end up here -yes often with no papers because papers means those he left back home will suffer. Surely you know of the Communist Russian and Communist German views of escapees. If not, I'm sure our hypothetical refugee would be happy to remind you.

I don't believe in mandatory detention, rather in allocating duty of care to the community of the country where that family has come from. I know for a fact -just look at the Yellow pages of every city- that there are communities from every corner of the earth; they can assume responsibility AND often pay for their food, clothing, schooling, etc. Many would welcome that.
    BUT having decided to lock them up there's no need at all to put them behind razor wire, in some god-forsaken place in downtown hell and treat them like wild and untamed animals. We can still show some compassion, some understanding of their suffering and try to put some salve on their wounds. The result? Even you will be treated well in your travels overseas... that is if you can convince anyone you're Australian!
    The POLICY OF THE DAY? What a disgusting insult! This is no policy! This is a death or torture sentence which I don't believe any reasonable person would accept under any circumstances, if s/he were really informed of it.
    This POLICY OF THE DAY HAS BEEN PROVEN a hazard to Australia's moral health and even Amanda Vanstone had to spin and shift her little(?) bu tt to have it ammended so that certain refugees are released and certain prison camps closed down. She wasn't go on with the next step of opening gas chambers next to them as our little un moustached Prime Minuscule would have it!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.