the libs are dead., page-3

1. 8,980 Posts.
    parmenio, I like your optimism but dread your prediction that some "more moderate and mainstream polly" will take over from Brown. Nothing worse than an opposition that looks like and behaves like the goven't. Brown is by no means immoderate and out of the mainstream, on the contrary, he is still too, wishy-washy for my liking but I'm also pragmatic enough to realise that there's no point in being correct if it keeps you isolated and out of the power loop. The Greens need strong, intelligent, conscientious and eloquent leaders, enthusiastic and unyielding in their mission to protect the environment, as well as the neglected. All power to their right arm.

As for the Libs vs ALP, one slogan that is a truism is that a week in politics is a looooong time. Anything can happen in a matter of seconds. Anything! Certainty in politics has ended once Whitlam entered Govn't.
    I certainly agree with your sentiments as things stand now but one never knows! Political parties are endowed with this Lazarus-with-a-double-by-pass gift. They can rise up from the ashes like the mythological Phoenix.

And as for corruption, the corrupt buggers are usually powerful thugs and can grind any human being to a dispirited halt. Corruption has given them exactly that power. They are usually very well organised and have influence in many nooks and crannies in the halls of govn't. Never underestimate them on either side of politics.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.