RXL 0.00% 14.5¢ rox resources limited

This is taken from post:5680857, written by poster...

1. 8,606 Posts.
    This is taken from post:
    5680857, written by poster 'NineLives'
    (thanks ninelives)

"
    "There is a lot of drilling to be done and until the company has some more money there won't be much activity on this front. That's why I push for a JV.
    Don't forget the traditional field season in the Territory finishes in Oct/Nov and resumes in Apr/May."

I took this statement from XSmangoes and did a little research on the NT wet season. I started at with the Met Bureau stats and did monthly mean rainfall comparisons for Darwin, McArthur River and Brisbane (where I am based). No surprise at the huge rains Darwin gets in the wet....but McArthur River receives just a tad over half that of Darwin. In comaparison to Brisbane MR rainfall is slightly higher in Jan and Feb but lower for the rest of the year....

Armed with that I just emailed Rox (and was pleasantly surprised by the very quick response from Ian Mulholland)... field work at Rox generally ends in mid December due to the rain and can usually start again mid march....however he did point out that the NT wet can be unreliable. work recommenced mid march 09 but a late wet in 2010 delayed work until May. I know from personal experience in Brisbane it has been a particularly wet year and that our wet season was abnormally long......So everything Ian has stated seems to me to be congruent with Met Bureau stats and the very wet 2010 that we have experienced in QLD.

It is only the beginning of september so there is still about 3.5 months available to RXL for field work this year.

Below is the monthly mean rainfall for McArthur River....note the sharp rise from November to December and the drastic drop after March"

I thought i would post this in response to XsMangos' obscure post, which sounded like some opinion moulded to sound like fact, which it seems not to have been.

Cheers

L

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RXL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.