PLS 1.07% $4.15 pilbara minerals limited

the lithium supply chain

1. 2,364 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 628
    here is my take on Li stocks and the current downturn and corresponding pricing of Lithium products, the first thing you need to realise is Lithium is not found in nature, it is only through processing that you can obtain any meaningful amount , Lithium is the lightest metal on earth and it is inherently unstable, if thrown in water in small quantities it ignites in larger quantities like a handful thrown in a river it will cause an explosion, Lithium is not the only metal required to produce a Lithium battery and EV require very high grade Li to provide the storage capacity for longer range---so against that background you can be drawn to a conclusion that there are inadequate processing plants throughout the world at present to meet demand , these plants are operating at full capacity due to the volatile nature of the material involved they cannot stock pile it I am guessing there are real limitations on storage meanwhile more base product has come on stream driving a surplus supply --------so here we are waiting forn more processing plants to be built across the developed world I vaguely recollect Li supply predictions for the USA and I think they equalled the amount specified as demand for 2025=---------------manufacturers can probably gear up pretty quickly to mass produce EVs however the whole supply chain is impacted by the inadequate number of Lithium processing plants and these plants will produce various grades for different purposes, I believe PLS is the right stock to be in for reliable supply, and is the right stock for sheer quantity of high quality LI----I also am of the firm belief this supply issue has everything to do with the number of processing plants and their proximity to market for EVs , PLS is well placed to be a leader in supply given the large reserves and proximity to market, valuing Li is very difficult given the enormous variation in grades , so the current position of a downturn will severely impact many base suppliers some of whom are no longer viable, in addition this downturn has a negative impact on financing new mines due to the very high cost of primary processing----so I hope thats some food for thought, PLS are not going broke and the Lithium story is not ending quite the contrary it is only just beginning and PLS will have a very bright future in the years to come , yes its gut wrenching watching your investments value eroded however my belief is its all about confidence in a Lithium led future world, please note these are my thoughts based on basic research all of which is available on the internet plus some imput from family members who understands and are qualified in the world of industrial chemistry I hope this provides some food for thought and discussion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.15
Change
-0.045(1.07%)
Mkt cap ! $12.46B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.21 $4.23 $4.13 $21.13M 5.064M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 125594 $4.14

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.15 185860 50
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.10am 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$4.15
  Change
-0.045 ( 1.39 %)
Open High Low Volume
$4.21 $4.23 $4.13 1361808
Last updated 11.28am 07/05/2024 ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.