QAN 0.68% $5.85 qantas airways limited

Are QANTAS pilots fleeing overseas to better paid positions? If...

1. 5,867 Posts.
    Are QANTAS pilots fleeing overseas to better paid positions? If so, good luck to them. What is wrong with mobility of labour anyway? And you can't get more mobile than a pilot?
    The mobility of labour argument should apply to other QANTAS employees-if you don't like it move elsewhere.
    As to a lock out being planned beforehand, well I should blxxxx well hope so-along with three or four other options. Hasn't anyone heard of contingency planning? (Apparently our beloved federal government does not understand the concept-but then again aren't they all former trade union reps with no-one possessing hands on management skills?lol)

As to nationalising QANTAS forget it. Airlines have been crud investments since day one.You have short windows of positive cashflow every now and again when the fleet has just been paid off and you have not begun paying off a new fleet. The rest of the time it sucks.

As a frequent flyer I (a)refuse to buy equity in an airline,(b)never did like flying with QANTAS and have never been impressed by their ticket pricing policy/high incidence of cancellations at exhorbitant prices, and(c)am a frequent flyer with both Singapore and to a lesser extent Emirates.Domestically I fly Virgin where possible.

QANTAS is not a national asset!

Cheers, TAS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.85
Change
-0.040(0.68%)
Mkt cap ! $9.532B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.84 $5.91 $5.84 $38.05M 6.494M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 22710 $5.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.86 26030 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.