To quote you in part Thorburntherein lies the quandary. Are the...

1. 3,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    To quote you in part Thorburn

therein lies the quandary. Are the laws of economics an evolutionary force? Do our activities shape those laws or do we develop around these laws?

I see it as an accelerated growth-:exponential,we see now in medicine is that an economic benefit? I believe it is.

Do we see it in most transport systems? I believe we do.
    Do we see it in education today ? again we do.
    Do we see it in the want for a better word (soon to be redundant)work place.

So cutting to the chase as this example that everybody can find on the web and that being the easy lazy way look up Wikipedia ---- yes I know a lot of information is not wholey true and or in accurate but for this exercise.

Second half of the chessboard[edit]

An illustration of the principle.
    In technology strategy, the second half of the chessboard is a phrase, coined by Ray Kurzweil,[4] in reference to the point where an exponentially growing factor begins to have a significant economic impact on an organization's overall business strategy.

While the number of grains on the first half of the chessboard is large, the amount on the second half is vastly (232 > 4 billion times) larger.

The number of grains of rice on the first half of the chessboard is 1 + 2 + 4 + 8... + 2,147,483,648, for a total of 4,294,967,295 (232 - 1) grains of rice, or about 100,000 kg of rice (assuming 25 mg as the mass of one grain of rice).[5] India's annual rice output is about 1,200,000 times that amount.[6]

The number of grains of rice on the second half of the chessboard is 232 + 233 + 234 ... + 263, for a total of 264 - 232 grains of rice (the square of the number of grains on the first half of the board plus itself). Indeed, as each square contains one grain more than the total of all the squares before it, the first square of the second half alone contains more grains than the entire first half.

On the 64th square of the chessboard alone there would be 263 = 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 grains of rice, or more than two billion times as much as on the first half of the chessboard.

On the entire chessboard there would be 264 - 1 = 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 grains of rice, weighing 461,168,602,000 metric tons, which would be a heap of rice larger than Mount Everest. This is around 1,000 times the global production of rice in 2010 (464,000,000 metric tons).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.