Point taken Thorburn,Barry Jones of Pick a Box fame and Former...

1. 3,442 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Point taken Thorburn,

Barry Jones of Pick a Box fame and Former politician wrote a book called "Sleepers Awake".A particular part was burned in my memory reading it in the early 80's was the grasp of people with new technology.The numbers he gave were quite a put down for the ordinary person in people understanding the economic and social changes,as I recall the best the most intelligent person that would comprehend the changes that would and are now happening would rate 7 out of 10 for the best,the next best was 5.7 and the ordinary punter ------- 3.4,and that applied to most of us.

In my reply to you I made a comment on the Hadron and what has been unofficially confirmed that sub atomic particles were split,that is a very significant breakthrough because that means to do that it was done FASTER than the speed of light!.For me that is amazing and the significance to the lay person if the exponential advancement continues will be out of this world if not dimension (that's a clue)

Remember Watson?,to have computers that can out think us?,possible but not in the Terminator way,and at the end of the day a robotic police force?

So what we are challenged by is our logic with new frontiers,like the horse and buggy to the car,the Iron age to the stone age.Western civilisation to Eastern civilisation.

But the best Da Vinci and my hero Galileo who showed us we are not the centre of the solar system let alone the universe.

SO where does economics sit?,- I can't answer it,

Already its started Thorburn just found this TED,com

We're creating a new TED.com

It's faster, it's mobile-friendly, it offers an enhanced video experience — and we'd love you to have early access.

Ray Kurzweil: The accelerating power of technology | Video on TED ...

? 22:59? 22:59

www.ted.com/.../ray_kurzweil_on_how_technology...?

There are remarkably smooth exponential curves that govern price ... with this exponential growth,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.