SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

The long case... (yes there is one).

1. 1,167 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 106
    Alright - ive read a few hundred posts today - most of them bears - and its easy to bash when the stock is getting hit.

So why should you go long here?

1. Banks get nothing if they draw in the debt - they only stop further losses. So the idea that they can liquidate and get their money back is ridiculous - they need to stick with the company IF they can minimize the negative cash flow.
    2. How do they minimize the negative cash flow - well the nice thing about the cash flow statement is the AMOUNT of payment to employments & suppliers - $594m !! there is significant amount of headroom to cut this dramatically and show the banks they can be cash flow positive.
    3. Analyst prices since the writedown range from the worst .41 to the highest $1.50.. well above where we are now.
    4. ASIC discontinued inquiries for FY14 & FY15.
    5. S&G IN compliance with covenants as of DEC 31.
    6. Australian business is trending > 20% growth in revenues.
    7. From the conference call "Australian customers have not been distracted by the noise"

I do think a lot of people sold out today... and we may go lower tomorrow (closing at absolute lows is never good). But I also think that the business is not totally screwed, there are parts which are profitable, and with general interest levels low - the company could come out of this... no not with a $400m market cap... but significantly higher than the $111m market cap it is tonight.

Im long for a trade, and yes, I'm down approx 20%(long around 38 cents).

Goodluck all -

PB.

"In Slater & Gordon's favour is that the only asset with the potential to generate future positive cashflows is work in progress, and work in progress is of most value in the hands of Slater & Gordon." - Macquarie Analyst

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.