CCC 0.00% 0.1¢ continental coal limited

the long decline

1. 1,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Prior to the GFC, CCC was at consolidation adjusted levels of about $2, and slid, but was generally around the 80cent and slowly gaining until Jan 2011, and has fallen since then.
    In Jan 2011, the market realised the company had lost the plot.
    A bullish presentation in Sept 2010, showed:
    A total measured resource of 130 Mt, including 91Mt from the 4 mines in the De Wittekrans project (of which 54Mt was from Vaalbank).
    Total potential production of 16.7 Mtpa including 11.4Mtpa from the de Witt complex.
    The company was "about to begin construction" on Penumbra, and be producing soon after.
    The company was to complete the feasability study for de Witt.by June 2011.

Then came the January 2011 presentation.
    This showed total measured resource had fallen from 130Mt to 51Mt (61% fall), of which De Witt now only had 12Mt (from 91Mt).
    Total potential production of 10.0+ Mtpa from the 16.7Mtpa including 6-7Mtpa from De Witt.
    The above was covered up by the boasting of an increase in the Gross resource, all being inferred.
    Penumbra ..finally.
    The De Witt feasibility...finally.
    The numbers and the company hype looked brilliant in Sept 2010, but suddenly the company lost a lot of credibility, and the market had to query whatever the company presented..both the numbers and their timeframes.
    The De Witt project is the company maker IMO and I'm expecting this to transform CCC...
    Unfortunately I held most of my parcel before realising the big changes in the numbers, and holding at a rather large loss....sadly...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CCC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.