MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

the long road back, page-2

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi hotbid

I agree it has been a long road, but all roads come to an end eventually for us all. There are twists and turns, forks and intersections, where we must make decisions about the direction of our investments.

There are those of us here on the MEOmite threads that have held this stock for the long haul. Many have been burnt or fallen by the wayside but these are the pitfalls of investment decisions when taking up the type of stock that can give great gains or great losses.

I, for one, have held MEO long term and have posted my interpretations of the business plan over the years, as I see it. I don't have the technical expertise of some posters but, rather, say it as it is by my way of thinking and in my own way. This is interpreted by some as being rampant to the extent of being devious, which is not true. To get the full picture of my analysis my posts should be read as a whole rather than in parts.

Whatever I, or others, say doesn't change the fact that MEO is a high risk stock and needs careful consideration as an investment. MEO does not have the capital to sole drill wells, rather they look for potential, well funded, farmees and investors. These third party JVs are not coerced by MEO to participate without having some compelling data available. The O&G business does not work like that. The same compelling data is researched and discussed in the MEO threads. Sometimes questions are put, and answered, not as advice but generally as part of the discussion as a further tool on which to base our investment decisions.

This is why I always say I like to see those with negative views but they too have to be based on fact and hindsight is not very helpful. Some posters are totally against MEO and say the company will never come to anything. This may be true but the argument is mostly around NT/P68 and Tassie Shoal which, I agree, has taken a ling time to come to fruition. Management decisions are also open to question as well they should be but the business plan as a whole should be looked at, as well as specific decisions.

I have been saying for years now (maybe too long) that TS will not come to pass without a gas supply, obviously, but will it come? Heron does have gas but will not give it up easily, Blackwood has gas but I feel (from DMs technical presentation at the AGM) MEO and Eni have different views on the size and quantity of the reservoir(s). This will only be tested with the drill bit and we will wait the decision by MEO in Feb.

Eni is the operator so they will choose the drill site. They have taken ~700km seismic of Blackwood East so MEO will be at the mercy, once again, of others interpretation as was A1 and HS1. MEO may not agree with Eni but if Blackwood 2 comes up dry the MEO investors will call the MEO management to task as the SP will be hit once again.

This is why MEO have tried to improve on the one trick pony of the Heron/Zeus/Artemis days by adding different projects to their portfolio.

I think MEO would rather have had a farmee to share the cost of Gurame but, as part of the purchase of the Seruway PSC they had to commit to a drill by the end of the year. We were told that any potential farmees were not interested in Gurame. There would not have been any time to prepare any of the Ibu Horst prospects to be drill ready so Gurame was the only option.

Also as part of the original Seruway farmin requirements on the document put out by Transworld Seruway Indonesia Limited (TSEL) was this:

'The work programme for 2011 will comprise one appraisal well targeting the recently remapped deep potential in the Gurame structure and a 100 square kilometer 3D programme over the Ibu Alpha prospect.'

The document 'Farm In Proposal - November 2010' was on the web but the link has since been broken. * See post/thread #: 6881844 *

It is interesting to note in the same TSEL farmout document (I will try to post it online in the future):

'Gurame Deep Appraisal Well

2. Located in the shallow water transition zone, close to shore, drilled to a TD of 3093 meters at a pre-test cost of $16.5 million, $18 million tested.

3. Targeting over 400 bcf of in-block recoverable hydrocarbon gas in three stacked reservoirs.

4. Drilled at the crest of a 3D mapped structural closure.

5. Will penetrate the principal target formation 300 meters updip of the equivalent formation which tested CO2 free hydrocarbon gas from a structural position close to
    the lowermost closing contour on the down-dip flank of the structure in the ONS-A3 well.

6. Upside potential to 1.4 TCF recoverable in the maximum closure 19 square kilometer case.

7. Additional gas resources have been established on the same structure to the West in the shallower Keutapang and Seurula formations in the area of the Bago1, Bago2 and ONS-A5X wells which could be further appraised and ultimately linked in to gas development on the Gurame Deep structure.

8. Economic evaluation of the most likely case development scenario yields a net cash flow in excess of $950 million and a IRR of 40%.

9. Appraisal drilling 2011, development start up 2012, first gas 2013.

10. Overall, the Seruway block is estimated to contain in excess of 4.5 TCF of recoverable gas and 80 mm barrels of recoverable oil and condensate at various prospects.'

It is interesting to note the similarities between the TSEL farmout document and the information released in the MEO documents. Obviously, the projected costs did not envisage the sidetrack and time extensions of the Gurame well.

Of course the farm-in resulted in a 100% purchase by MEO. I am sure, as this was the first venture into Indonesia by MEO, they would have gained credence with the Indonesian Government by showing their comittment to the Gurame well. However, the cost, which we do not know yet, was borne by the MEO investors/owners so let's hope it was money well spent. Like Heron, there is gas there so is the prize still to be found?

MEO must have put great value on Seruway to pay the $25m up front knowing that a well was required by the end of 2012. The jury is still out and investors await their return. As it has been said before the present MEO management are now developing projects set up by them. They deserve some time to prove their worth IMO.

As 2013 arrives all we LT investors can do is ride out the lean times and have trust that the management team's efforts have ensured the long term viability of the company. This will soon be determined by the the pending decision of Eni on their continuation in NT'P68 and the 454 farmout.

I will continue to post as I have before. I have kept my posts based on fact as far as possible and for those who call me a 'ramper' might I remind them I did warn of the possible results of negative drilling results before the event:

* In Post #: 8818609 *

I said:

'PS. Not that I want to keep on opening old wounds, but I made a mistake in my previous post (too many lately). A similar drop to the post A1 SP would drop the price by 17.5c - not to 17.5c.

I hope this won't happen but we need to be aware of all possibilities in speculative stocks even though MEO have greatly reduced the risk for us.

It is different this time.'

I posted this when the SP was 28c. Admittedly this was during a TH but when HS1 report #17 came out regarding the Elang/Plover test the SP did drop to 18c after which there were four trading days to sell at this level until the second TH and the Frigate formation failed to flow. It was at this time the SP did fall by ~17c as I predicted.

After Heron was finished and we were waiting for the Gurame result I started a thread all is not lost. At the time the SP was 13c I stated:

Now we look towards Gurame. Failure here could see the SP go back to post GFC days which would be devastating for LT holders. The math has been done and success at Gurame would mean a valuation to MEO far greater than Heron but we need to prove up the PSC.

* See Post #: 8860375 *

I didn't put a figure but research would have shown post GFC days at a possible 6.2c low. This was posted 6 Dec - three trading days before the trading halt. I did not bother with the discussion with RR and others because I had already stated the obvious, and his discussion came in the TH which was too late for investors to change their investment decisions, should a negative result come out of Gurame.

The reason I am being self indulgent in referring to my posts is purely self defence. I had made a decision to hold through the HS1 and Gurame drills (as I did through H2, Zeus and Artemis). Whether or not this was the right thing to do doesn't matter because I was comfortable with the risks.

The fact I said 'It is different this time' and why I am willing to give MEO another few months is because MEO have built up their portfolio and, I believe, have numerous on-going negotiations.

Like many other posters have said, MEO management have a long term plan and have many more projects coming up in 2013. The two year doldrums post Artemis should not re-occur, IMO, as MEO becomes a trading stock once again and results begin to go our way. If they don't, then that is another story but it still needs to be taken into consideration.

Finance is a worry, but until we see the 2Q report we will not know how much of a hole the Gurame well caused. MEO would have budgeted for a sole drill.

On the upside a lot of our funds were invested in seismic which should be reimbursed through farmouts. HS1 didn't cost anything and we still hold 100% of the permit pending Eni's decisions. There are potentially two more wells, at least, to be drilled on NT/P68 without any cost to us.

2013 is another year and those irons we had in the fire are still there. As always we must put disappointments behind us and look to see what the future may bring.

Happy New Year and good fortune MEOmites.

#:>))
  • You’re viewing a single post only. To view the entire thread just sign in or Join Now (FREE)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.