MYG 0.00% 88.5¢ mayfield group holdings limited

the low sp re-visited

1. 370 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 98
    The SP remains frustratingly low and we are all aware that the fundamentals are sound and accordingly it should be higher.Previous posts have offered plausible sounding explanations-e.g. finance still not secured,awaiting resource upgrade, metallurgy concerns etc.These boxes have by now all been ticked yet the only box which has not been ticked is the SP.So we ask yet once again -why? I don't think that the answer AT THE MOMENT lies in finding more fundamental good reasons,the DFS not withstanding.We are up against a mindset not driven by logic, but fear and uncertainty-people are simply being frugal about buying ANYTHING which even includes the essentials such as food, clothing,services and yes, even shares.I trade in consumer goods and just like during the severe recession of the 1990's people are switched off to spending-advertising a 50% discount is met with indifference.Most of us get caught up in this mindset-look at yourself-are you living more frugally than before?-I know I am.The irony is that people actually have more ready cash during a downturn-the money is in the bank- during a boom the bank account is empty and the credit card is "maxed out." And here lies the key.There is a lot of side lined money just waiting for the right signal(s)to come out and "put it to work." That signal tends to come in the form of a "jolt"-The 90's deflationary mindset was broken by a change of government in 1996.And a very deep recession(much worse than present difficulties)quite quickly turned around to the extent that we hosted a succesful Olympic Games in 2000, and we did not feel the world recession of 2000-2001 because our new treasurer Peter Costello brought the budget back into surplus to the extent that sovereign debt was already in the process of being repaid.The overall point which I have tried to develop here is that it will take a "jolt" of some sort to turn sentiment around and unleash that pent up demand.I don't know what that will be(credible solutions to sovereign perhaps)but when it comes and consumers and investors start to to feel good about themselves again I would expect that the stock market will turn around quickly and that our MYG will finally soar to an SP-one which truely reflects the sound fundamentals and one which is well overdue.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
88.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $80.95M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12 91.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 10838 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MYG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.