The " Mad Max" scenario. Nuclear war risks., page-25

1. 5,851 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 143
    It could also be in the US interest to serve us up to keep China out of their sphere of interest. Tell me again about the guarantees Ukraine had. Remember when this happens China will have a LOT more nukes and ships. Because China is expected to invade other countries first an invasion could be launched from much closer.
    Extreme desperation and madness, that describes a lot of people in the world right now. Why would Zelensky be shelling the biggest nuclear power station in Europe right now. If this one goes Chernoble will look like a baby.
    Subs don't need to be nuclear powered to be nuclear armed. I read an independent report years ago from a RN submarine officer who did some time on RAN subs. He was interviewed by a British maritime paper. His view was the new Aus subs were quieter than nuclear subs. He said they would be a formidable adversary and he would hate to fight one. That said, I don't know how current that opinion is, but we don't have enough of them unless they are nuclear armed. To send our brave submariners off to confront a Chinese nuclear armed mega flotilla with just conventional weapons is just an exercise of futility and an insult to submariners. To rely on a US and UK nuclear umbrella if things go pear shaped is total stupidity. Australia needs some kind of poison pill IMHO.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.