GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

The Market Crash 09/11/16 and GOLD and SILVER ?, page-17

1. JFI
    6,837 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 304
    madamswer,

I have stakes in two private equity companies which are involved in land/property. Whatever the values of assets the rate of return is relatively stable as a % of assets regardless of the time we live in… I think public equities are risky for sure and would certainly suggest caution. Family business however can be absolutely fine during tough times just so long as debt is zero or minimal relative to cash balances and somewhat secure revenue stream. The other factor is if other shareholders of private equity are equally looking to exit. If the small amount of shareholders are stable and long term minded then storms can be weathered but the question is the nature of the enterprise and whether it would continue on during a prolonged period of economic weakness. Land and property can return during the long tough years some relative return commensurate with the purchasing power parity and relative costs of good and services over time (long term).

There is no guarantee that the economic/financial and geo political systems will start their breakdown next week but I am open to the possibility that a shift seems to be in process and the 2007/8 GFC was a dead cat bounce with 2016/17 the main event.

Good luck and trust your instinct and you cannot trust much else sadly in this age we live.

JFI

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.