INL 0.00% 1.0¢ innlanz limited

the market is clueless, page-2

1. 10,605 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Hi CS,

I was doing a little research on this one and ran accross an article investigating the decision by the Blockbuster video chain to discontinue late fees for video/dvd hires.

In the article it turns out that all the chains are maddly looking at ways to prop up hre demand.

At the same time the Australian retail sales DVD market was apparently most disappointing this Christmas with commentators putting it down to technology fatigue and purchasers realising that they buy a DVD, watch it once and thats it.

But the big elephant in the lounge room behind all this is the likely introduction within 12 to 18 months - by Telstra - of video on demand. Choose a movie, dial in the code and watch it at your convenience.

Admittedly there are apparently tech issues stll but if it takes off I can happily say I would never buy or rent another DVD ever again - and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

How would this impact MPH CS?

Would they benefit from access of their catalogues by Telstra / Optus / Austar etc or would they have access via existing rights of the Pay TV channels?

The chart looks great by the way - just need to be patient, lol!!

Cheers,

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add INL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.